A guaranteed hit at every dinner party. We promise your guests won’t even know it’s actually good for you! You could also make this in bite-sized cupcake tins and store in the freezer for when you’re feeling like a sweet, but healthy treat.
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons psyllium husk
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 large eggs
5 tablespoons ice cold water
pinch of salt
1. Mix dry ingredients (almond meal, coconut flour, psyllium husk and salt) in bowl.
2. In a small separate bowl whisk the two eggs together.
3. Add melted coconut oil to dry ingredients and mix together. You should end up with a sandy consistency.
4. Add eggs and mix well. Then, add icy water to the mixture. Start to mix well and it should eventually start to stick together.
5. Knead the dough into a ball and let it sit for 5 minutes.
6. Grease a pie dish then press dough evenly into bottom.
7. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Allow to cool before adding the lemon curd mixture.
Lemon Curd Filling
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup Natvia or sweetener of choice
1 tablespoon of lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
100g cold chopped unsalted butter or ghee
1. Mix eggs, egg yolks, natvia, lemon juice and lemon zest into a saucepan and mix well.
2. Stir on medium heat for 2 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low and add the butter 2 tablespoons at a time, stirring continuously until all is melted. Continue stirring for 4-6 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken.
4. Remove saucepan from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
5. Pour mixture on crust and place in fridge for 2 hours to set.